Pages

Monday, February 11

Love, Love, Love

As silly as Valentine's Day is, it has special meaning for me and Jonathan. It was our first real tradition that we created after a not-so-romantic first V-Day in 2004 (white lettuce and rubber chicken was involved). Ever since then, we've cooked at home. For our second Valentine's Day, I cut out lots of tiny paper hearts and bought heart candles and a red table cloth. Our cheesy pink and red loot is still going strong eight years later, and it serves as a reminder of just how far we've come together. We were college kids who barely knew how to cook when we first started our V-Day meal. I recall trying to make croutons and burning them badly. Next month marks our fifth anniversary as homeowners, and we make much of our own food now, including bread and chocolate. I do still burn things on a regular basis though. Oops.

I'm not sure what's on the menu this year, but as usual Pinterest provides some romantic inspiration to set the mood whether it's Valentine's Day or just a regular day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! It's making my day just a little bit brighter. :)