In case you're interested, here's my slightly modified vegan version. Enjoy!
-1 butternut squash, halved and seeded
-2 onions, peeled and quartered
-A few pieces of garlic (I used five)
-4 cups of vegetable broth
-2 cups of water
-1 bay leaf
-1 tsp of brown sugar
-A few tsps of mild curry powder
-1/2 tsp of dried oregano
-A few tsps of cinnamon
-A little dash of salt
-A few dashes of pepper
-A few tbsps of Tofutti cream cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Place cut squash and onions on the baking sheet. Wrap garlic in foil and place on the sheet with the other veggies.
3. Roast for 45 to 60 minutes or until the squash is tender. Enjoy aroma of onions. Mmm. Remove veggies from the oven and let them cool.
4. Squeeze garlic out of its skin (this was fun!) and place in your food processor. Scrape the flesh of the squash (not as fun) and place in the food processor. Place the onion in the food processor. Add vegetable broth and puree until smooth.
5. Place pureed veggies in a stock pot. Add remaining broth, water, seasonings and Tofutti. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes. Serve hot over a bed of quinoa.