Pages

Monday, January 21

Happy Birthday, Nonna!

Today my Nonna turns 90 years old. We were fortunate enough to Skype with her this morning to help celebrate this milestone birthday. She had just finished lunch that included all of her favorite foods, cake and champagne, and she's surrounded by her children, most of her grandchildren and her best friend. She looked happy, healthy and so much younger than her ninety years.

I hope we'll be able to visit her again soon. Travel to Italy is so expensive, and the ticket prices have crept higher and higher since we visited in 2010. I'm grateful Jonathan and I were able spend a little time on Capri with her. We will always have these beautiful memories.






And then there are a few old photos for posterity as well...

That's me meeting my Nonna and Nonno for the first time in 1983.


And my dad, Nonna and Aunt Tina at our wedding five years ago...
She traveled halfway around the world at almost 85 years old to see us get married.


 And here she is on Capri in the '40s. Look at that perfect summer dress!


Nonna, I migliori auguri per un buon compleanno!

Maybe next year I'll actually be able to write that without Google translate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! It's making my day just a little bit brighter. :)