Pages

Thursday, January 17

Connecting

Throughout my life, my family has been scattered all over the world. In the early days, we enjoyed sending cards, letters, photographs and packages to stay in touch. Tons and tons of handwritten communication was punctuated with the occasional phone conversation that cost a small fortune. This was our life, and we treasure the letters and memories that remain from that time period.

I have recently joined the world of Skype, and I have spoken to my family on the other side of the world three times this week. While I realize I'm very late to the party, I can't get over the fact that I'm talking to people who are half a day away, and it doesn't cost us anything. I can be sitting at my computer, working on a project one minute, and then talking to my dad, aunt, cousins and grandmother the next.

Plus I just skyped with my 90-year-old Italian grandmother -- I mean, how cool is that? 

Sometimes technology is a really good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! It's making my day just a little bit brighter. :)