Pages

Thursday, May 31

#151: Rain Storm

It has been so long since we've had a good storm that lasts the afternoon and evening. Today made up for it. This afternoon, I kept getting alerts on my phone about a severe thunderstorm warning, and I was a little baffled because the sky didn't even look that cloudy. Then, all of a sudden, the thunderheads came out of nowhere (we get a really good look at them from the 28th floor of Clark Tower, let me tell you!), and then the sky went dark. When I say dark, I mean, we couldn't see a thing. Nothing at all -- it was like someone had hung dark blue paper over the windows. To go with the black sky, we received some loud booms that carried on for the rest of the afternoon. Fortunately, it was just a thunderstorm, and it passed by the time I was ready to leave the office. You can't beat that.

I expected the afternoon storm to be the end of our stormy weather, but a second round hit just as Jonathan and I got home from the gym. Again, it was like someone had flipped a switch -- the sky went black and then down came sheets of rain. It rained so hard that there was water standing at the top of our driveway, and we had a river running down the street.

In addition to receiving a good old summer storm and some much needed rain for our garden, we also were pleasantly surprised to discover much cooler temperatures. 60s and 70s? Yes, please. 82 on Saturday? Compared to 95, that sounds lovely.

I'll take it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! It's making my day just a little bit brighter. :)