Pages

Thursday, May 24

#144: 10 Years

I graduated from high school ten years ago today. That thought had been on my mind the past few weeks as I watched my much younger friends don caps and gowns to receive their all-important pieces of paper that spell freedom. Naturally, I forgot today was the 24th until I was dusting our living room. As I reached for this frame, it hit me.


My grandma gave this to me ten years ago today. It's an old dollar that her grandmother gave her when she was a little child. When my Laura, great-great grandmother and namesake, gave it to her, she told her that as long as she had her dollar, she would never be broke. Ten years ago, she passed it down to me. The note on the back is only there because I insisted that she write something so I wouldn't forget that moment. She thought I was being silly, but she humored me. I can't tell you how many times I've looked at it these past ten years. Tonight when I looked at it, it brought tears to my eyes as I remembered that day. Ten years have passed in a blink. Today serves as a reminder to treasure every day..every moment.



Tomorrow, my sister graduates with her master's degree in nursing. Life comes full circle, doesn't it?

 This is one of our gerber daisies....pretty huh?


 And, as I was posting the above pictures to Facebook, I spotted these shots posted by Disneyland. I had to post them in memory of my grandma. Pirates of the Caribbean and It's a Small World were two of her favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! It's making my day just a little bit brighter. :)