Pages

Tuesday, April 17

#107: Where I Work


It's still hard for me to believe I work in this building. It's the most recognizable building in East Memphis and the first corporate-like office that I've ever had. Wearing my heels and carrying my laptop bag, I almost feel like an adult. I can't park in the garage though, because it gives me a panic attack. Instead, I get to work a few minutes before 8 and park in one of the few outside spots that are available. This is what I see when I get out of my car. Well, this and Whole Foods...

Interested in the history of Clark Tower? Did you know the architect was inspired by Minoru Yamasaki, the architect who designed the Twin Towers? Clark Tower was actually supposed to have a twin tower, but it was never realized. Instead, White Station Tower (completed before Clark Tower) serves as its companion. The two can be seen from all over the city and from the air. I've spotted them many times as we're coming into Memphis International Airport. For some reason, I'm really proud to work here. This building, similarly to The Peabody and Graceland, is Memphis. You can read about Clark Tower here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! It's making my day just a little bit brighter. :)