Pages

Thursday, March 8

#68: Making a Difference

When I was hired, I was given the responsibility of managing Habitat's Youth United program. The goal is for the students to raise money and awareness for the annual Youth Build, while also teaching them leadership and giving them building opportunities.
For the past four years, I have seen so much goodness come from these kids -- they are creative, hardworking and passionate about helping others. They welcome newcomers, and they treat adults with respect. Sometimes I worry that they've spread themselves too thin, and they won't be able to reach the goals they've set for the program. I shouldn't doubt them -- they have come through every single time.
They remind me that the future is bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! It's making my day just a little bit brighter. :)