Pages

Thursday, February 2

#33: Tony Allen

I know, I know...my posts are always about the Grizzlies, but tonight they beat a 16-6 Atlanta team on the road. They hadn't beaten Atlanta since 2005, and they beat them by 19 points. These back-to-back wins are huge because tomorrow they'll play the team with the best record, the Oklahoma Thunder...the same team that narrowly beat them earlier this year and beat them in a best of seven series in the playoffs last year. It should be a good game, as the rivalry between the teams continues to grow. But this post isn't about the Grizzlies, its about Tony Allen. This guy is so incredibly inspiring. He is likely the hardest working guy on the floor (which is saying a lot when you consider how hard this team works), and when he makes a mistake, he doesn't quit. Instead, he's right back at it, making huge plays and helping his team mates. I wasn't a basketball fan before this year, but this guy makes you want to stand up and cheer for him. I have been cheering for him...LOUDLY and with purpose. I want a Tony Allen t-shirt or something. Seriously.
Also, on a side note, his Twitter posts are freaking hilarious. He has the weirdest punctuation in the world, and 90 percent of the time he doesn't make any sense, but it works. You have to like this guy. He's just that kind of person. He might be completely insane, but he's got some serious heart.
Or as we say in Memphis...serious grit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! It's making my day just a little bit brighter. :)