Pages

Thursday, January 5

#5: Kate, Seaweed and Over the Rainbow

One of my absolute favorite antique stores in Memphis is Toad Hall in Midtown. Inside the building, which was a grocery store in the early 1900s, are tons of great vendors. Of all those vendors, my favorite has always been Kate and Elise. I have mentioned them on the blog before, way back in the day, because I always found such great (and reasonably priced) stuff in their cleverly curated space. Anyway, Kate's daughter is connected to Habitat, and their family attended our big fundraiser back in November. Today Kate called asking about the band that played our event, and we had a great talk. I told her I was a huge fan of her shop, and she spilled some of her treasure-hunting secrets with me, which totally made my day. She also told me she loved our event, which is always nice to hear! The above photos highlight just a few of the goodies I've scored from Kate and Elise (the linens and the pillow).

Now to the seaweed! Yesterday while Jonathan and I were at Costco, Jonathan spotted big boxes of individually packaged toasted seaweed. It was only $9 a box, so we decided to buy it to use for sushi. Turns out, this seaweed is not only individually packaged, but it is cut into bite-sized pieces for snacking! It sounds weird, but we tried it tonight and loved it. Seaweed is really, really good for you too, so it's a snack you don't have to feel guilty about. I'm definitely going to freak my coworkers out with this one!

Finally, I heard this as I was walking into the gym tonight. It reminds me of my grandma and always lifts my spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! It's making my day just a little bit brighter. :)