Pages

Wednesday, January 25

#25: Oliver, Baby Slippers and Bing

It's hard for me to remember life without this cat. He came into my life as a tiny, two-month-old kitten in April 2003, just as my life was starting to change forever, and he's been there for me ever since. On her deathbed, my grandma described Oliver, the cat she never lived to meet in person, as a lap cat. He was only a few months old and hadn't fully developed his personality yet, but she knew. He is the sweetest, most loving lap cat you'll ever meet.
It sounds silly to ramble on about a cat, but he curls up on my lap or sits on my chest when I need to be comforted, he sleeps on my feet every night and he is right beside me every time I turn around. He looks at me like he knows what's on my mind, and he tries to do his best to make things better.
He's turning nine this year, and I pray he has many, many years ahead of him. He's such an important part of my life, and I love him so much. Here's Oliver checking out a piece of avocado that jumped off the cutting board. His favorite foods are chips, crackers, tofutti, tuna, biscuit crumbs and cat food. He has also been known to steal lettuce off an abandoned plate. Now changing subjects...
I had to share a photo of these adorable newborn slippers I bought for our neighbor's new daughter. Aren't they the cutest thing ever? ADORABLE!
Changing subjects again, we've been listening to lots of old standards lately -- Frank Sinatra, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Dean Martin, Billy Holiday, Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, Nat King Cole and Bing Crosby. To my great surprise, Bing's CD includes White Christmas. It's only mid January, and I'm already enjoying it again. The other songs are really good too. Standards feel classy, they make us happy and they're unbelievably calming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! It's making my day just a little bit brighter. :)