Pages

Friday, January 13

#13: Where the Heart Is

Tonight Jonathan and I watched the Pearl Jam Twenty documentary. Before Eddie Vedder joined the band, it showed some footage of him surfing along the California coast. It was PV, where my family made their home when they moved in California in the early '60s. It's funny, because I never lived there or stayed there for more than a few hours, but it has a deep place in my heart. I actually made the top picture the desktop wallpaper for my laptop last night...It is never far from my thoughts. What makes a place home? I have so many places I carry with me in my heart. I guess that's what happens when you have family and roots all over the world.

While I will never live there, I will always go back to this place again and again. My heart is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! It's making my day just a little bit brighter. :)