Pages

Friday, September 16

Lately...

Sorry it's been so quiet around here these past few weeks. A lot has been going on in my world, and I just haven't felt the desire to sit down and write about it. Now that September is half over (!), I figured it might be a good time to step forward and say hello. In two weeks, I'll be flying to California to help my mom pack the remaining pieces of my grandma's home into boxes, and we'll watch as 35 years worth of memories are loaded on a truck for Mississippi. Then on Monday, we'll turn the keys over to the new owners, and we'll fly back to Memphis. I've been struggling with this because in many ways, this home is my last link to childhood. I have thousands of memories there, both good and bad, and a huge part of me doesn't want to let that go. At the same time, I realize that it's time. This is a good thing. But it still hurts. A lot. Jonathan and I have dreamt up a wonderful anniversary trip to give us something to look forward to in the coming months, as we deal with one emotional roller coaster after another. Let me put it this way -- the house is only the tip of the iceberg. We have a lot going on in our world right now. I'm not sure if planning a trip is the best way to deal with life, but it's my solution. Let's hope it's a decent one.

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! It's making my day just a little bit brighter. :)