Pages

Wednesday, July 6

Beach Life

Very blurry iPhone photo of Hermosa Beach on July 4, 2011.
Our nice spot underneath the volleyball net. Whole Foods' salad.
The veggie dragon roll and a lettuce wrap.
The South Bay area.
The Finding Roses Blouse I scored at the El Segundo Anthro on the 4th.
July 4th is always a special holiday, but Californians take their patriotism to the next level. I'm talking red, white and blue tutus, body lights, hats and sunglasses. It's crazy, but it's crazy in an awesome way. For our 4th, we trekked across Sepulveda Blvd to an outdoor shopping center with an Anthro, Banana Republic, J. Crew, World Market and Whole Foods. I found two shirts on sale at Anthro (one of which I almost purchased the day before - now on sale - yeah!), and a beach blanket and my favorite English candy at World Market. Then we ate lunch at Whole Foods - yummy salads, lettuce wraps and my first veggie dragon roll. So good. After a healthy lunch, we were in a swimming mood, so we went down to the pool for some late afternoon sun and some laps. The day was capped off by a walk down to Manhattan, and then down to Hermosa to watch the fireworks, which were shot from the Redondo Beach pier. Jonathan and I sat on our brand-new beach blanket, almost underneath a volleyball net so we didn't get trampled. Silly kids kept shooting off fireworks behind us, but other than that, it was really nice to stare up at the stars, the fireworks and PV with our toes in the sand. They weren't the best fireworks I've ever seen, but the atmosphere was top-notch. And, I really love the long walk from Hermosa to Manhattan. It's great for people/house/beach cruiser watching! - Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location: Hermosa Beach, California

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! It's making my day just a little bit brighter. :)