Pages

Thursday, June 30

Beauty Products That Make You Feel Like You're On Vacation

No tropical vacation in your immediate future? That's okay, because there are tons of beauty products out there that will make you forget for a moment that you're sitting in the office instead of by the pool. Remember, I only said a moment. Still, that's better than nothing, right?

Alba Botanica Hawaiian: These products smell DIVINE, and they're good for the environment. What's better than that? I love the plumeria hair wash and the mango conditioner. I'm dying to try some of their body care products, but I recently made a pact with myself not to buy more than I need. Next month, perhaps. And, not that it's important, but the orange, yellow and green bottles look really colorful and summery in the shower! Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara: This was a freebie from one of my dad's music industry events, and I used it because I always use the free stuff he gets. The difference is that I'm usually very unimpressed by the products. This mascara is my current favorite. It's not Christian Dior level, but it's pretty darn great for under $10!

Revlon Minted Nail Polish: My grandma used Revlon Red her entire life. I'm not kidding when I say there were at least 10 bottles of it on her dressing table when she passed away. It was her color, but she only ever wore it on her toes. She preferred a natural tone on her hands, and I've taken after her in that respect. Most of the time, I wear red or an Essie neutral on my feet, but this summer I decided to try Minted because it seemed a little wild and fun. Plus, it was on sale at Walgreens. Three coats later, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it!

Trader Joe's Mango Honey Shaving Cream: If you're headed to St. Louis, Atlanta or Nashville anytime soon, you might want to visit TJ's and stock up on this. It smells so good, and it's another great natural product. You don't need much of it, and it's really, really moisturizing. One downside? I'm not sure if they're going to carry it all the time. :(John Frieda Gold Rush Beach Blonde Shimmer: This isn't really a fair product to feature because it has been discontinued and is currently selling for $50+ on Ebay! However, I am fortunate enough to have some from 2002, and I'm still enjoying it. It smells like coconut (one of my favorite summer smells), and it adds a little shine and wave to hair. I wore some to work earlier this week, and I could smell my hair. It reminded me of vacation, which is always nice. I guess I better start looking for a replacement...

What are your favorite summer beauty products?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! It's making my day just a little bit brighter. :)