Pages

Sunday, June 5

'60s Sunday

Last weekend we were in Nashville for a Jimmy Buffett concert. Since we've been on a vintage kick lately, we decided to check out some of the local vintage stores. Hands down The Hip Zipper was my favorite stop. If you are a vintage lover and you find yourself in Nashville, you must check it out. There are tons of fabulous vintage clothes and accessories from the 1940s through the 1980s, and everything is in great condition. Best of all, it's very reasonably priced. I tried on TONS of clothes, and I came home with three dresses, a slip, a reptile purse and a pair of sunglasses. Jonathan even found a vintage Hawaiian shirt for the concert. Let me put it this way -- it was better than the Anthropologie accessory store. Yes, it was THAT good. Today, I wore one of my dresses to church. Before slipping it on, I did some quick research on the designer, and it turns out there's quite a bit of info on him. He was a better sportswear designer, which explains why the dress is lined (most weren't). The 67 on the tag stands for the year it was made. How cool is that?
Here I am in my "new" dress with my "new" bag. The shoes are Steve Madden from 2006.
I used to consider them old. Now, not so much.
The back is scooped, and the flowers are so bright and summery. I've always had a thing for flower power. My fascination with it started in 6th grade when I found a set of '70s flower stickers at a store in California. Shortly after that, the flower power look had a revival at Gadzooks, and I started wearing lots of bell bottoms and polyester flower power shirts. The clothes I wore to school back then are long gone, but the flowery Doc Martens and stickers remain. A few of the stickers ended up on my dressing table. The others are hanging in my old bedroom at my mom's house. The Docs are in the closet there as well. Apparently they had an effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! It's making my day just a little bit brighter. :)