Pages

Monday, March 21

Spring Eats and Fashion Inspiration

I didn't plan to take a two-week break from blogging, but unfortunately, work and life stepped in, and the blog took a back seat. Spring weather also got in the way. Isn't it nice that warm weather and more daylight arrived at the same time? It's such a treat to open the windows, cook a nice dinner and listen to WEVL while there's still daylight. It just makes me feel better. I love springtime. I'm also thrilled that the farmers market opens in less than a month!

This weather makes me want to eat my veggies. We have been trying tons of different veggies lately, including daikon, collard greens, water cress and baby bok choy. Leafy greens score 1,000 on Whole Foods' scale of 1 to 1,000, so we've been trying to add them to most of our lunches and dinners (we've been eating salads for lunch and greens for dinner). We've also been doing a lot of stir frys in our new Williams-Sonoma Outlet wok. It's on the small size, but it was only $40, which is a great price for such a high-quality pan. We've also been making lots of sushi and Mexican veggies, beans and rice. If you haven't tried making your own sushi, here's a helpful hint -- add a few table spoons of brown rice syrup and rice vinegar to your cooked (and cooled) sushi rice. It gives the rice a slightly sweet taste, and it neutralizes the vinegar. We add four tablespoons of each to our rice, but it really depends on your taste. We haven't been able to buy brown rice syrup locally, but you can find it on Amazon.com. It feels very posh to order food from Amazon!

To end the night on a spring fashion note, here are some pretty things that are currently inspiring me...

I love this Anthro cardi...

This Free People eagle necklace is so cool and different...

Two more breezy Anthro tops...

This is my favorite. To off-set all the white, here's a bright blue Anthro top!

More Free People pretties...1...

2...Apparently this is one '70s trend I love...white peasant tops! 3... 4...Apparently I also love birds this spring. Plus some J. Crew pretties too. These would be perfect on Capri!

I love the orange and gray of this J. Crew skirt...

These are perfect for a rainy day...

And this is perfect for the farmers market!

I'm loving all the blues, greens, whites and oranges this spring.

What's on your spring radar?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! It's making my day just a little bit brighter. :)