Pages

Thursday, March 24

Remembering Elizabeth Taylor

Well-behaved women rarely make history. -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich


Elizabeth Taylor passed away yesterday, which reignited interest in her storied career, eight marriages and very interesting life. I must admit that I haven't seen any of her movies, but I do have one of her biographies. Last night, I picked it up and started reading. It's sad that it takes the death of a person to realize how incredibly talented they were. Elizabeth, of course, is remembered for her beauty (she was considered the most beautiful woman of her day), her jewelry (it's a collection fit for a queen), her work with AIDS research and a career that spanned decades. Her death marks the end of an era in a way. There isn't another Elizabeth Taylor. She was the original celebrity.


I wanted to write about Elizabeth's style, but I couldn't find much about it. I think her look transcended clothes because of her beauty (so maybe that's why her jewelry had to be so big). To channel Elizabeth, put on your diamonds, a dress that shows off your curves, add some red lipstick and practice that come-hither gaze. Confidence is key.


If you're interested in reading MSN's top-five Elizabeth Taylor movies, you can find them here.


I will be watching all of them.
All images found via Google.

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! It's making my day just a little bit brighter. :)