Pages

Tuesday, February 22

Polyvore Post: Betty Draper Style

Betty Draper Style

Mad Men has influenced the fashion world since it first hit our televisions in 2007, and a common question might be, "Are you a Betty, Joan or Peggy?" Most of us are probably a little bit like all three characters. I know I am. I chose Betty for my first Mad Men post because I'm a fan of her dainty, feminine style. She seems to prefer floral prints, and her color palette is usually cool pinks, camels, ice blues, pale yellows and whites. Her hair is always reminiscent of Grace Kelly, who was clearly costume designer Janie Bryant's inspiration when creating Betty's look. Speaking of Bryant, she wrote a book called The Fashion File that is a pretty good read, especially if you like Man Men and vintage fashions. In closing, I apologize that most of the fashions I picked for this post are high fashion and downright expensive, but I wanted to post items that looked authentic. I hope it inspires you to seek out your own cheaper versions, especially of the vintage variety!

Sun Shades Dress $158 - anthropologie.com Party dresses »

Coat $1,045 - thecorner.com Military coat »

Black Camoscio Kitten Heel 369 EUR - veryeickhoff.com Black kitten heels »

ChloĆ© Louise calfskin satchel 1,250 GBP - net-a-porter.com Flap satchel »

dot to dot studs $45 - katespade.com Post earrings »

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! It's making my day just a little bit brighter. :)