Pages

Friday, September 17

Fashion Inspiration: Drew Barrymore

Drew Barrymore is not the most obvious fashion inspiration, but I felt she was a worthy candidate for several reasons.
1.) The October 2010 cover of Harper's Bazaar - if you haven't seen the photos, you should check them out here. She is stunning.
Drew in In Style - March 1999.
2.) I've grown up with Drew. It started with ET, but I was contemplating this blog last night, I realized Drew has influenced much more for me.
I bought my first fashion magazine, Seventeen, in December 1995. This was long before celebrities were featured on the covers of magazines, but there was a story about three different celebrities' styles. This was Drew's flower child era, but I remember that her daisy hair clips and clear plastic purse greatly appealed to 12-year-old me.
A few years later in 1999, my dad brought home my first issue of In Style magazine (See the cover above. You can read an excerpt from the article here. Drew was on the cover of that one, and her home (which burned a short while after the photo shoot) and dogs were highlighted. In addition to these life-changing magazine moments, there were also a few little movies that had an impact on my generation -- namely Ever After, Never Been Kissed, Charlie's Angels and her multiple movie partnerships with Adam Sandler. While they might not have been Oscar-worthy, all of them highlighted strong, independent women.
3.) She's truly found herself. In recent years, Drew has made few career (0r fashion) missteps. Although she is Hollywood royalty, she had a less than desirable childhood, some serious growing pains and a few moments that would make most of us want to crawl under a rock. Not Drew. She seems comfortable with her whole person. It's a beautiful, admirable thing.
A radiant Drew at a movie premiere.
Out and about in a look that borders on wacky, but works. Cutting edge shoes and a short, sleek hairstyle.
Grey Gardens. Little Edie's style influenced Drew's style following the movie's release.
Rockstar cool.
This is glamour done right.
Classic Drew.
I love her sixties-inspired makeup.
Drew and boyfriend Justin Long.
Rocking a cool necklace and great hair.
Another sixties-inspired look that I love.
This was when she was starting to find herself, around the time that Charlie's Angels came out.
I love this dress.
A retro look, but somehow she makes it modern.
All photos found via Google Images.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! It's making my day just a little bit brighter. :)