Pages

Sunday, July 11

Well Styled Movie: Julie and Julia

Julia's yummy copper pots, wooden pastry table and beautiful tiled kitchen in France.
Julie's pretty rooftop party. I will have twinkle lights around our deck before the summer is over! Julia in cooking school.
Julie becoming a cooking master...in pearls, of course!
Julia's kitchen in Olso. I love the Pyrex bowl. :)
Julie is inspired by Julia in every way. I love the cushions and the lamp in the background.
Shopping for cookbooks!
Julia was so in love with her husband. Their relationship seemed truly magical.
Julia joking on a shopping outing in Paris.
Julie saying goodbye to the lobster.
I love cooking, the 1950s, blogging, Amy Adams and Meryl Streep, so I expected to like Julie and Julia. By the end of the movie, I was inspired to purchase The Joy of Cooking (which I have been eyeing at one of my favorite antique stores for months now) and Mastering the Art of French Cooking. I won't give away the plot, but I will tell you that much of the movie takes place in France in the early 1950s, and it immediately made me want to go out and buy lots of copper pots and other fun cooking utensils from Williams Sonoma. As you can see from the movie stills, this movie is a true visual feast, and it was a great way to end the weekend.
P.S. I think it has inspired us to do a little French cooking...to be continued!
FYI - Nora Ephron directed and co-wrote this movie. She is one of my favorites - she also wrote You've Got Mail and When Harry Met Sally. :)

2 comments:

  1. I, too, was late in acquiring JOC, but now it's a staple! Let me know how the French cooking goes -- I'm daunted by the calories!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! It's making my day just a little bit brighter. :)