Pages

Monday, July 5

A Good Day For Vintage Hunting...For Me and My Sister.

Sometimes you just need a free day off in the middle of the summer. Boy, this one couldn't have come at a better time. Jonathan and I both needed it really badly, especially after our three-day painting project earlier this week. When he asked me what I wanted to do today, it only took me a second to respond. We hadn't been to the Bartlett Antique Mall in about six months, and I've been dying to go for a few weeks. Today was the day. I was so excited. Fortunately, my excitement paid off, and I found lots of cool, cheap goodies. When I do have time to go antiquing, I rarely come home without a book. Today I came home with two of them. I added to my vintage Betty Crocker cookbook collection, and Jonathan found the other book for me. California Cottage Style? Yes, please!

I've been dreaming of berry tarts for the last few days, and these tiny pastry molds will be perfect for them.

I also couldn't pass up this cherry tablecloth. It's perfect for lunches on our deck. :) These were my finds of the day. I also found some beautiful Pyrex for my sister. I started her vintage Pyrex collection about a month ago, and I couldn't pass up these beauties.
Aren't they the prettiest blue? They look lovely on the shelf between our living room and sun room....
It's very tempting to keep them, but nope, I bought them as a gift. :)
I also bought this AMAZING casserole dish for her. It was $9. I couldn't pass it up. I saw one online months ago, and I've been on the hunt for one ever since. This one is for Lauren though.
Man, I'm a good sister.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! It's making my day just a little bit brighter. :)