Pages

Thursday, March 25

On My Reading List...

Reading is my passion, so there are always books that I'm ready to purchase from Amazon. Unfortunately, I've exceeded my shopping budget for the month, so I'm saving them for later. If I don't write them down, I know I'll forget about them, so that's one reason for this list. Another reason? You might want to check them out as well!

I Like Your Style - Amanda Brooks

A Guide to Green Housekeeping - Christina Strutt Crafting Vintage Style - Christina Strutt
Decorating Vintage Style - Christina Strutt
Romantic Home Sewing - Christina Strutt
I've wanted Alicia's cookbook since it came out last year. I've been a fan of hers since Clueless, and I love that she's become the spokeswoman for a healthy, green lifestyle. Although I'll never be able to go vegan (I have an annoying soybean allergy, and I honestly couldn't give up cheese or BBQ!), I do want to check out her recipes. Our diet is about 95 percent vegetarian, and I'm always looking for new recipes.
I first spotted Amanda Brooks' I Love Your Style at Anthropologie in Chicago. I paged through it, and I really liked what I saw. It breaks down the different styles - classic, bohemian, sporty, etc, which is a neat idea. Plus, I really enjoy a good fashion book every now and then! I follow Design Sponge on Twitter, and I got really excited when Grace tweeted about a new book from Christina Strutt of Cabbages and Roses. In case you don't know about Cabbages and Roses, it's a dreamy store with two locations in London. After checking out the book on Amazon, I realized I want to read ALL of Christina's books! Vintage style, vintage crafts, romantic sewing projects and "green" housekeeping...oh my goodness! I'm in love. Cabbages and Roses is on Twitter, so look them up! :)
What books are on your wish list?
On a side note, our new windows will be installed tomorrow! They were supposed to go in on Monday, but it rained. Now tomorrow is the big day. I'm a little nervous - our current windows are the original casements, but someone put storm windows on the inside and then painted all 12 of them shut. When the contractor (Champion Windows) measured, they said they'd never seen anything quite like our windows. Gulp!

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! It's making my day just a little bit brighter. :)