Pages

Sunday, March 28

It'll Change Your Life

You won't see too many music posts on this blog. It's not that I don't love music - it's just not one of my true passions. It's more my husband's thing - he even has a music blog.
One band that I'm completely crazy about is The Shins. I first fell in love with their music in 2005 when Jonathan and I rented Garden State. In the movie, Natalie Portman's character, Sam, passes her headphones to Zach Braff's character, Andrew, and says, "You gotta hear this one song - It'll change your life, I swear."
Clearly, that music did change my life. I bought the soundtrack for the movie the next day, and Jonathan and I listened to it continuously for our last year and a half of college. It's a great CD - Zach Braff did a great job with the music. But the best part of the CD are the two Shins' songs - "New Slang" and "Caring is Creepy."
My favorite Shins' CD is their 2007 disc, Wincing the Night Away, which Jonathan and I listened to while we were househunting in early 2008. Every time I hear those songs, we're driving around our current neighborhood, looking for our new home. Two years later, I have all three of their CDS on my iPhone, and I even run to them. :)
If you haven't already, check out The Shins. They'll change your life.
The Shins' Albums : Oh, Inverted World, Chutes Too Narrow and Wincing the Night Away.
P.S. The Shins' lead singer James Mercer also has a new album out with Danger Mouse called Broken Bells. It's also pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! It's making my day just a little bit brighter. :)