Pages

Thursday, January 7

Things That Are Making Me Happy

My goal is to spotlight some of my "happy" things every month in hopes that maybe they'll become your "happy" things as well. Without my good camera, this was a bit challenging. Sorry!
Bobbie Jerome Clutch
I found this on one of my antiquing trips for $20. Ever since I was a little kid, I'm been crazy about purses, especially ones with special surprises tucked inside. This clutch not only looked brand-new, but it came with a compact, lipstick and a little comb. I won't be using the lipstick, but it's still cool to have.
Sugar Lip Gloss
When it's 20 degrees outside, you definitely need a good lipgloss to protect your pout. I love this one because it's not sticky, it has SPF 15, and it tastes like lemon creme pie. You can find it at Sephora.
Anthropologie Sweater
A few days after Christmas, Jonathan and I went to Nashville to spend some Christmas money. First stop was Anthropologie, my favorite store. We're about to get one in Memphis, and I cannot tell you how excited I am. I LOVE THIS STORE!! I thought this sweater was so cute. I did mention that I love flowers, didn't I? :) Next store that needs to come to Memphis? Trader Joe's. Come to Memphis, Trader Joes!
Rose Waste Paper Bin This was one of my recent antique warehouse finds. I thought it was so pretty, and the green matches our 1950s-era yellow and green tiled bathroom. It's just a garbage can, but every time I see it, it makes my smile. It's all about the little things, right?
Etsy Locket I've recently discovered Etsy, and I love it! This was my first purchase, and it came with two other lockets that I gave my mom and sister for Christmas. The little gold heart was my baby necklace. You can't really tell thanks to the blurry photo, but I bit it as a child. I think the bite marks give it a hammered look. Haha.
British Sweets We didn't eat a lot of these when we lived in the UK. They were reserved only for special occasions. Yet even 17 years later, I couldn't wait to get my hands on them. Why are they so good, you ask? Personally, I think it has something to do with the fact that they aren't filled with weird ingredients and trans fats. Too bad we can't get them over here. It would be hard to save them for parties and date nights. When they're on my Desert Rose plates, they're even better.
Snow
For those outside Memphis and the Mid-South, you may not realize that we had our first snow of the season earlier today. It was about an inch of snow, so definitely not enough for snowballs or a snowman, but it was still pretty. This photo is from our big snow storm last March. Porter stole both arms off the snowman. Poor little guy.

1 comment:

  1. Envious of your Anthropologie store score! We're off to Chicago in February, so maybe we'll be able to go then! And Ikea, of course!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! It's making my day just a little bit brighter. :)