Pages

Saturday, January 16

A Picture's Worth A Thousand Words...

So, I had tons of ideas for my next blog post, but after a trying day*, I decided it might be better to pull out my brand-new media reader and show you some of the photos I've been taking lately.
A lovely Cardinal, also known as a Redbird here in Memphis...So sweet!
Our happy snowman centerpiece...yep, here are the long-lost Christmas photos! Our anniversary cake. Hands down, the Peabody makes the most delicious cakes. If you don't believe me, order a white cake with fresh strawberries-and-cream filling, topped with buttercream and fondant. It's worth every single calorie. YUM!
Our Christmas Tree - 2009!
The wonderful Shiny Brites. I only wish I'd taken a picture of their boxes. The boxes are almost as fabulous as the ornaments. :)
My grandmother's painted roses. She gave them to me for Christmas in 2001, which was her second to last Christmas. They're one of my dearest treasures.
Our chandelier...we found this on one of our first antique store adventures....in Hermosa Beach, California. I begged Jonathan to let me carry it back on the plane, but luckily the store offered to ship it to us for a very reasonable price. The store is called Star's Antique Market. It's fabulous and thisclose to my three favorite beaches -- Hermosa, Redondo and Manhattan Beach. Definitely worth a trip if you're in the area!
My last pink rose of the season.
*In case you were wondering about the trying part, the plumbing in our entire house was stopped up today. I discovered this after spending my lovely Saturday morning cleaning and making petit fours (which turned out looking a bit worse for wear). I discovered this moments before Jonathan got home from the office, where he'd been since 8 a.m. And then to make matters worse, it started raining....boo! On a brighter note, the toilet, tub and washing machine are all now fully operational. Thank you small miracles!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, that does sound trying! I hope everything has been straightened out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! It's making my day just a little bit brighter. :)